Sunday, April 3, 2016

The Things Kids Say...

Since we had kids, we just haven't been as good at attending church as we'd like to be. Between moving to a new town, starting new jobs, having babies, and just wanting to sleep in, we became people who only go to church on the holidays. Now that we've moved again, and the kids are getting older, we're determined to get back into the church. So, last weekend for Easter we went to a new church here and both really liked it. We decided to go back again today and liked it just as well this time.

One thing I love about this church is that they have a Children's Circle where the kids are all invited to the front and the Pastor talks to them about what his sermon will be about. Both kids have wanted to go up both weeks (probably because they discovered last week there are suckers at the end!) so we went up again today.

Pastor asked the kids, "What is something that people are afraid of?"

Before anyone else had the chance to answer, my sweet, almost-three-year-old boy pipes up and says, "Zombies!"

Thank goodness it got a laugh out of the congregation because I pretty much wanted to melt into the floor. Yup, no more watching "The Walking Dead" with Dad on Sunday nights when mom's at work!! And at least this same sweet boy had already stolen everyone's hearts earlier in the service when after the prayer was over he blurted out, quite loudly, "Amen" after everyone else. I have to admit, the fact that everyone was still kind and welcoming to us even after our son was talking about zombies, it might just be the right church for us!!

I don't know about the rest of you, but if you've ever had an almost-three-year-old son...I'm not sure how I'm going to make it to four with him!! This little boy may have my heart in the palm of his hand, but he is also going to cause me a head of grey hairs and a ton of anxiety and frustration in the next few years. Oh ya, he also blurted out, while the Pastor was behind the altar preparing the Lord's Supper, "Mom, where did the Master go?" Oh child....how I adore you!! And I'm pretty sure you will cause just as many laugh lines for me as you do grey hairs, and I am so very blessed to be your mommy!

Happy Sunday everyone, and may you have a Blessed and Entertaining week :D

No comments:

Post a Comment